Adopting a Friend
If you are interested in adopting through Ruff Start Rescue please review the Criteria for Adoption below. We do require all animals to be spayed/neutered. We want to make sure we are a 100% spay/neuter rescue. Over population is a real problem for shelters. There are already so many stray, unwanted animals and we will not contribute to the problem. Click here to view a video that is dedicated to all the helpless animals that haven't found their forever homes, or ran out of time while trying to find it.
Criteria for Adoption
Please read the list below of general requirements for all adopting families. If you do not meet one of the requirements, please do not submit an Adoption Application.
- Applicants must 18 or older
- Applications must be filled out completely. References are a must!
- Animals will not be adopted to any college students living in a dorm
- Animals may not be adopted as a "gift" for someone unless all family members are aware of the adoption and meet the animal before the adoption takes place
- Dogs must not be left crated for more than 8 hours
- If you have a current pet, they must be up to date on vaccinations and spayed/neutered.
- If renting, written approval from the landlord is required to keep the dog/cat on the premises
- All applicants must be willing to receive a home inspection and meet and greet prior to adoption (all family members and their pets must be present)
- If you have a current pet, your pet must meet the new pet before the adoption is finalized to make sure they will be compatible to live together
- If you adopt from Ruff Start Rescue and you cannot keep the pet for any reason, you must return the animal to Ruff Start Rescue.
Thank you for your interest in adopting one of our animals! Click here to complete an adoption application.